Here are sixteen new highly-sophisticated road jokes.
(1) Why did all the world’s politicians cross the road? The bridge? The highway? To take credit for the infrastructure work.
(2) Why did Jack Bauer cross the road? He finished torturing all the terrorists on this side.
(3) Why did Gregory House cross the road? To avoid walking under a ladder, a black cat crossing his path and Number 13.
(4) Why did the “tweeter” cross the road? It was less than 140 paces to the hottest new trending topic.
(5) Why did the family cross the road? To log on to a better Internet connection.
(6) Why did the people of LOST cross the road? Why not? They’re lost, aren’t they?
(7) Why did the smoke monster cross the road? To buy cigarettes.
(8) Why did Sarah Palin cross the road? To get a clearer view of Russia
(9) Why did Barack Obama cross the road? He was paying a surprise visit to the country of his birth. Please, this is a joke. I don’t want secret service men showing up at my front door.
When Donald Trump as de facto head of the “birther” movement was asked where he was born, his reply was, “I’m not sure, but wherever it was, I’m very very proud of the effort I put into it.”
(10) Why did the economist cross the road? Because he was pushed in that direction by an invisible hand. Plus he heard there was a free lunch over there.
(11) Why did the kids of GLEE cross the road? To escape the glare from Sue Sylvester’s cheerleading trophies (and Will Schuester’s hair).
(12) Why did Jay Leno and Conan O’Brien cross the road? Because they each heard there was a Tonight Show to host and they could always come back, right?
(13) I wrote a Number 13 but it crossed the road chasing House (see (3) above.)
(14) Why did Dick Cheney and the Mad Hatter cross the road? To attend an affair hosted by the Tea Party.
(15) Why did Spartacus cross the road? To exercise his right to freedom and because his wife sent him on a mission to buy garbage bags.
(16) Why did the ghost whisperer cross the road? To get to the other side.
Another of my entries, Side-by-side Story-telling Song Titles, sets the rules and provides examples for a new game guaranteed to give you hours of amusement.